About Me

My photo
Western North Carolina, United States
I am a 62 year old wife and mother of two grown sons, happily living with my darling husband, two dogs and a cat in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. I have moved a lot in my life and, in the process, had more than a few professional incarnations. I have been a midwife with a home-birth practice, waitress, classroom teacher, computer programmer, secretary, bookkeeper, and even a car sales person. I have always loved sewing and managed to use my skills in that area to put a little money in my pocket since I was seven and started making doll clothes for friends in the neighborhood. A little over eleven years ago, a friend drug me to my first bear show to get my mind off a health crisis in the life of my younger son, Seth. I made Mickey with his lady bug, took him to a show and the rest, as they say, is history. Now I am hooked on bears and happily designing and making the furry critters as fast as my little fingers can stitch them up.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

04 May 2009

Tutorial

I am working on a tutorial on freeform and/or tubular peyote. I love this stitch and have been asked to teach classes on the subject. I do just that but not all can get to my mountain home in Western North Carolina to take the class. This tutorial is my answer to that. In the next hour or so, I will be posting some pictures intended for use in that tutorial. It would help me if you would look at them and their accompanying instructions & tell me if they are clear enough to be used for the tutorial. Thanks in advance for you time and consideration.
Shelley, the NCTeddyBearLady


Pick up one bead in color #1, skip over one bead in round (working clockwise) and go through next. Repeat four times. To finish row, go through last bead in previous row (turquoise) and first bead in this row (white) all at once. That bead (shown in white) then becomes the last bead of this row.

Work three more identical rows using size 8/0 seed beads. Be especially careful to keep very tension tight for these first several rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think of my work and my blog.