About Me

My photo
Western North Carolina, United States
I am a 62 year old wife and mother of two grown sons, happily living with my darling husband, two dogs and a cat in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. I have moved a lot in my life and, in the process, had more than a few professional incarnations. I have been a midwife with a home-birth practice, waitress, classroom teacher, computer programmer, secretary, bookkeeper, and even a car sales person. I have always loved sewing and managed to use my skills in that area to put a little money in my pocket since I was seven and started making doll clothes for friends in the neighborhood. A little over eleven years ago, a friend drug me to my first bear show to get my mind off a health crisis in the life of my younger son, Seth. I made Mickey with his lady bug, took him to a show and the rest, as they say, is history. Now I am hooked on bears and happily designing and making the furry critters as fast as my little fingers can stitch them up.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

26 May 2009

I Have a New Job

I am a columnist for Hand Made News, ArtFire's own on-line newspaper. I have written two articles for them so far under the Business Tips section. The first was published a few weeks ago and the second has just been published today. Please take a moment to follow the link above to read the most recent. If you like what you read, please vote a thumbs up and leave a comment for me. If you really like it and want to read the first article I wrote, here is a link. If you hate either one, please feel free to vote a thumbs down but please let me know why so that I may learn from your suggestions and constructive criticisms.
Shelley, the NCTeddyBearLady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think of my work and my blog.