About Me

My photo
Western North Carolina, United States
I am a 62 year old wife and mother of two grown sons, happily living with my darling husband, two dogs and a cat in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. I have moved a lot in my life and, in the process, had more than a few professional incarnations. I have been a midwife with a home-birth practice, waitress, classroom teacher, computer programmer, secretary, bookkeeper, and even a car sales person. I have always loved sewing and managed to use my skills in that area to put a little money in my pocket since I was seven and started making doll clothes for friends in the neighborhood. A little over eleven years ago, a friend drug me to my first bear show to get my mind off a health crisis in the life of my younger son, Seth. I made Mickey with his lady bug, took him to a show and the rest, as they say, is history. Now I am hooked on bears and happily designing and making the furry critters as fast as my little fingers can stitch them up.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

28 April 2009

Getting Started Blogging

I have blogged before but this is my first blog about me and not just about my work. This blog has a dual purpose. The first is to give people who know me professionally an opportunity to get to know me better personally. The second is to give me an opportunity to write about that which I love the most about being an artist, teaching others to do what I do.

Shelley, the NCTeddyBearLady, artist, teacher and mentor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think of my work and my blog.